My family

My family

Friday, January 20, 2012

A new year, A new beginning!


Zoo Lights 2011

Rob, Benjamin and I @ the Polar Express!

Holidays around here went by so very fast, and caused a lot of stress and a bit of anxiety. Those of course are the things that surrounded my family from the outskirts. Most of the problems and troubles, God has taken away and made peace. But within my little family, I felt very blessed. We were able to provide our children with great gifts this year on one income! I know I keep saying that but Rob and I are still in awe how God made a way for us to live on ONE income! I will never think of it as being lucky because we are totally blessed! This Christmas was the first year I went into depth in teaching Benjamin about The true meaning of Christmas. I bought a book called "Truth in the tinsel" I highly recommend it. You make an ornament everyday pertaining to the story of the birth of Christ. We didn't make one everyday though. Ben is not a crafty kind of boy, unless it's paint or something extremely messy! But we did special activities like visiting the zoo for Zoo lights or going to the Polar Express in Sacramento. Great trip by the way! I am a fan of the movie Polar Express and this ride was amazing. Dancing waitress, the Hobo was even there. Santa of course was picked up at the North Pole. Hot Cocoa, cookies and everyone got a bell. Benjamin has the greatest time and we had a great time spending time alone with him. Boys were at home with my mom and sister in law because they were sick and a handful might I add.

It was an amazing year. I felt our family become closer and more of a unit which I loved.

What else should we accomplish in 2012?  A little girl?  A new van? A new goal?

Well it won't be a little girl anytime soon. We are going to wait on that for awhile. Although we want to complete our family we definitely don't want to rush anything. A van....praying on that one! Goals I can do.

So 2012 will bring me to:

1. Be more Organized! I am going to go bin crazy after the income tax refund arrives. I need to organize, organize and organize again! I feel better about me and my household if I get more organized. I am definitely getting a hold of this house wife thing and organizing, routine and schedule are keys. All of which I have not done! Ha Ha Ha! Well not regularly I guess. So Pinterest, my new addiction and new friend will teach me thy ways of organization! Ideas galore!

2. Be closer to the hubster aka Rob. So many people say it's so important to go on a date night with your husband from anywhere from once a month to once a week. I find it extremely hard to do this. I want to be more committed to one on one time with my husband but not going to set a once month or once a week thing just yet. Maybe by the end of 2012  I will have it down or with all my awesome organizational skills I will work it in my schedule!

3. Eat fresh and healthy more. The word "processed food" grosses me out but I do eat it, I can not lie. I do care what I put in my body and my kids body.  Working on being frugal but making better choices.

4. Give more devotion to God, my family and others. Spend more time with God less time with my phone or tv unless I am reading the word on my phone of course!

5. Be more active as a family and just MOVE! Hikes, swimming, running, biking, walking and playing!  I also want to do at least one marathon if my feet allow me too. 

I wrote down too many goals, this is just 1/10 of them probably but if I stay disciplined I can slowly accomplish it all.

Somedays I get discourage and want to quit.  I can't lie and say life is full of bliss and bubbles! But there is so much inspiration out there. Starting with God, my friends, fellow runners or Zumba-ers and my number one supporter my husband.

I just want to strive to be better for myself, the hubster, my children and hope to please God in everything I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment