My family

My family

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Benjamin

My first born Benjamin's Birthday was last month. I wanted to blog and tell you about his special party last month but I had to say what needed to be said first before I shared my proud mommy moment!

Benjamin was the baby we waited for almost 2 years. After a year of being married we decided to try to have a baby. Well it took us a year to get pregnant but it was in God's timing not ours. Being pregnant with Benjamin was weird for me but I got used to it. I was never sick with Benjamin except with allergies. I worked up until a week before he was born. He was a good healthy baby born a month before mommy and daddy's 3 yr anniversary. 7 lb 6 oz. 19 in long.  Dad and Benjamin had an instant bond but it took awhile for mom and Benjamin to get there. I fell in love with him the longer I was with him but it wasn't instant for me like it is for some mothers or those moms you see on those birthing shows. It was a bit overwhelming at first.  I have to say he was the most perfect baby, toddler, child ever. I know that because my twins make me work! Totally different than Benjamin!
Dessert Table
 For some reason Benjamin turning 6 was hard for me.  He no longer is a baby or preschooler but a regular boy. Yes he still has training wheels and afraid of everything but we are working on that.  He is really bright and comprehends everything. He loves, loves, did I say love?.. to READ! He is loving and sweet and takes care of his little brothers. He helps mom and dad around the house and most of the time without complaining.

This year, we made his birthday a Super Mario Party with a few friends and family all crunched up in our little home.  He was so proud of all the work I put into it and I was also. So I decided to share with you some of my pictures from the coolest Super Mario Party ever on a budget of course.  So here are the birthday pictures dedicated to my number 1 boy Benjamin! I love you con todo mi corazon!

From the best frugal mommy ever!
I loved the balloon dog things on the side, made with black balloons, markers and white out!
Chocolate covered Strawberries!
  
Peanut butter bars
Mushroom cupcakes courtesy of Me aka Mom!
  
Kid's sushi (rice crispies, gummy worms and fruit roll ups)
Sugar cookies stars and rice crispy stars with chocolate
Pin the mustache on Super Mario!
Courtesy of Ms. Valdez
Yoshi egg toss
Please excuse our winter dead grass, courtesy of the hubster! 
Lollipops decorated with Mario and Luigi heads.
Chocolate covered Marshmallows with sprinkles, they looked like mushrooms!
The big dessert table display! Don't mind our school work board to the right! Power up Mario!
Side view of all the Mario goodies!
Zoo-we-Mama! Yummy!
THE END!
   

No comments:

Post a Comment