My family

My family

Monday, August 5, 2013

P is for prepared, pre-planned, patience!

Well after a long night, late dinner and tossing and turning I once again failed in getting up early to workout with two awesome ladies. I disappointed myself since I woke up early tossing and turning but an hour too late and plus I really learned this week that morning workouts rock because when you get home breakfast fuel is so good and yummy!!!

This week I am going to aim for 8+ workouts, I completed 8 this past week could have been more but that sleep is the devil! Just kidding! I will also today prep meals for this week because this was def. my downfall this weekend. I usually have my chicken, veggies and salad prepped but not this weekend. Saturday and Sunday I did a  bit more overindulging. Maybe Friday a bit too.  I am going to be strict this week about using Fitnesspal to log in my meals too. Friday I had two slices of French bread pizza not big pieces but because I didn't prepare food and only had granola bar for breakfast after kickboxing.  When lunch rolled around and I had no snacks in between I was starving!!! 

On Saturday we had a yard sale and so I brought myself watermelon and granola bar again since I had to be out of the house by 6 am and didn't prepare anything. It's hard getting up with three kids in tow but thankfully they were in good moods knowing we were heading to Nani's house (my mom) Well I didn't get to eat my granola bar because God forbid I eat anything by myself without my kids. So watermelon it was for me and I was so hungry my mom had nothing in her house since she just moved in and was without a refrigerator! So after the yard sale what did I do? I headed to Sonic got a chicken sandwich(whole grain bun? not so bad) , fries and green tea :( Boo to the starving me, but Kudos too because usually I order like 6 things off the value menu or extra stuff with my meal. But shame on me! Did I snack after that..NO!!! because I fell asleep and woke up starving again.....boy my metabolism is kicking into high gear now! What did I do? I went to my moms to celebrate her birthday only too totally overindulge in pizza, a bit of cake and ice cream!! I felt like a piggy but I ate to fast and paid for it! Small meals rock, stuffing your face not so much!

Sunday after my three mile slug run I had eggs and spam made by hubby. Felt awesome, had a 4 oz Greek yogurt for lunch and knocked out! So what happened? I woke up starving again!!!! Guess what it was bible study/BBQ time at my sis' house. I ended eating a turkey wrap there than we ate dinner I would say about 9:30, I ate two chicken thighs, heaping helping of macaroni salad and some bread all so late!!!! I was so hungry........

Some of you may think you didn't do that bad, some may think I over did it but either way I know myself and I know better! These bad choices whether big or small won't help me succeed, am I sad, depressed or going to go on that cupcake binge? Ha ha ha no, realizing bad choices is better than  not recognizing that they exist. I move forward...I have my eye on the prize of HEALTH!


What could I have done to change what happened over the weekend?  Prepare meals and snacks!!! That's when the cravings and hunger kicks in for me. You may think what could be worst then this....well trust me this is a sample of what damage I can do to my body. Am I proud NO but have I learned.... YES!

So today as I am eating my oatmeal and drinking lemon water I will be making out my meals and preparing them today. I will also be have a homemade Zumba/Circuit session with the kids. We love to blast the music and just dance away!!  Last but not least I have not concluded organizing my house for when Ben starts school so yes I am very frazzled but I won't turn to food! I have laundry up the wazoo but I won't turn to sleep to make the blues go away! I will remain focused and look towards my goals. Giving up on myself, my house, my family is not a option! Pray that God continues to guide me, leads my family and gives me strength to endure another week!  Any prayer request for you please let me know!! Love praying for others too!


Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already arrived at my goal, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me. Brothers and sisters, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead,  I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus. Philippians 3:12-14




No comments:

Post a Comment